Friday 31 July 2015

Battlestar Galactica the Board Game

I bought the Battlestar Galactica Board Game, and I decided to play a round with myself today, decided for a 4 player game. I have just set up all the things I need to start playing, and I already feel like I want to take a break from it *sigh*



But it does look like a fun game so far. Now I think the only problem is to find people that want to play this game with me. People I know usually don't have the commitment and the motivation for games that are too complicated. My brother is probably interested, and maybe one of my friends.

Different from most games, where you play against one another and one player wins. In this games everyone cooperates too survive on the ship Galactica, and reach the end goal of the planet Kobol, which you achieve by doing a certain amount of jumps (going at speed of light). However, one or more people might secretly be a cylon and wants to ruin things along the journey. So I guess you can say there are two teams. Cylons and Humans, if you reach Kobol the game ends and the humans wins. Otherwise the cylons would win, destroying Galactica in any way.

Well, if I didn't get anything wrong. That is all I understand from the game so far. Setting up the game takes some time. And I am not used to these kinds of games. I have only played more simple games in the past. So this is the first time for me playing such a complicated game.

I have not seen the Battlestar Galactiva tv-series, and people do say that this is a game for people who are fans of the show. But I'm not completely sure about that. I do think you can enjoy this game anyway. But it might add a lot to the experience of playing if you are familiar with the tv-show.
I have tried watching the show a few times, but it never really caught my interest very much. I got bored of it very quickly.

I am a fan of a few Star Trek series, Next Generation I liked the most. And I am one of those odd people that really liked Voyager at the time when it was new. I tried watching Voyager again a few times, but then I didn't enjoy it as much. Hated those episodes where they got stuck in their own holodeck and a few other boring holodeck episodes. People always tells me to watch Deep Space 9, I tried doing that also, but never got into it enough to get stuck with it. Well, that was not what I was going to talk about here anyway.

I will start the first round now... Soon, or maybe play some Rocksmith. I don't know ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment